Friday, November 21, 2014

Did I Get the Job? And Other Current Events.

The "Interview"

My manager did not even look at my CV. She did not even ask me one question in this supposed interview. I arrived twenty minutes early; she ushered me in and told me to sign my contract. We were finished before my actual interview appointment's time. I think it had something to do with the fact that we both wanted to go to the year end function of the campus, and that she knew she would hire me anyway since I have 3 years of experience with the organisation. I was just glad not to have to answer any questions this time. I seriously thought she would grill me on my mistakes of the year past before hiring me anyway. I am so glad that this was as easy as it was. :D

Bridal Showers!

As far as other current events go, my cell group (Bible study group) surprised me and my betrothed with a bridal shower type of party. It was really a surprise, and I loved it! We played a little game, and got some great gifts. It made me feel special. Thanks guys!

A few weeks back my step-mom asked me if she could have phone numbers of ladies that I would like to have at my bridal shower. She said she would have liked to keep it a total surprise, but she has no idea how to contact my friends. She also said that she would still try to surprise me in terms of when it is going to happen. Well, I was really surprised that she would even think of throwing me a bridal shower; but now that I know, I try to snoop out the date and time. I honestly believe it is tomorrow. The three people who gave me clues: my dad first, then my friend Carine, and lastly my friend Lize. Let me just say that none of them said anything about a bridal shower, but they all made comments about this Saturday that made me think it must be now. Betrothed was very worried that he gave something away; because when I told him I believe the shower will be this Saturday, he asked if I thought he knew when it would be or whether he was one of the people to give clues away. I said that I think he knows, but that I am not really as sure about that as about when it will be. He really gave no clues, until that moment when he asked those questions. He has been doing a better job than I thought he could with secrets like that. I will let you know if it happened tomorrow.

Exams

I have one exam left. It is Calculus; and I'm not sure that I'll pass it, because I am too excited about the wedding and not focusing on studying so much. It will most likely not help me next year, because I will most likely change to a degree in Chemistry which has very little Calculus in it. I have two reasons I would like to pass this subject. Firstly, my dad paid for it; so I should use this opportunity to have some maths qualification. Secondly, betrothed is a professional mathematician; and I would like to understand his world just a little bit better. Please pray for me in this respect.

So yeah...

I will update you again soon on my adventures. Be blessed! And don't be afraid to comment on my blog... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment